How much could you save by insulating your solid walls?
* These independent figures supplied by the Energy Saving Trust, 2016. Saving based on a medium detached house
What is External Wall Insulation?
|The majority of old homes were built with just one single solid wall which inevitably means that a lot of heat is lost. This makes your home very energy inefficient and can cost you money on your energy bills.|
|External wall insulation involves fixing a layer of insulation material to the wall, then covering it with a reinforcement and a special type of render. The finish is usually a textured render, pebble-dash or sometimes a brick slip or a brick effect render finish could be used. These finishes can be used alone, or in a combination so that considerable variety in the appearance of the treated wall can be achieved.|
Main Benefits of External Wall Insulation
- Can be applied without disruption to the household
- Doesn’t reduce the floor area of your home
- Renews the appearance of outer walls
- Improves weatherproofing and sound resistance.
- Fills cracks and gaps in the brickwork will reducing draughts
- Increases the life of your walls by protecting the brickwork
- Reduces condensation on internal walls and can help prevent damp